|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Waking upChapter 3: The life of a human
This time, when I woke up, I was in a poor pallet instead the open field. Eglaia was sitting right beside me, so noticed immediately. However, she didn't say anything, and instead looked at me quite sorrowfully.
- How are you feeling?
- ... Hot. Like my skin is burning.
- You don't have a fever, I checked - her voice sounded strangely soft - But is midday already, this hot is normal, like the cold at night. You'll get used to it. Also, you gave me such a scare! - she reproached me - I didn't believe a goddess could faint.
- I'm human now, and I will be for some time. You mortal beings are so weak...
- Who's the one that fainted? Certainly not me, the mortal being.
I couldn't talk back to that, she was so right. That annoyed me a little.
- Explain more about this, Eglaia - I demanded - I want to be warned about the things that could make me faint.
- Have you ever heard about please and thanks? - she snorted, but seemed relieved that I
Dead Man's SwitchIn control, then not -
Sudden loss of grip.
Headlong to where?
Details lost, smudged, streaked.
Careening; no system of
No dead man's switch,
On a fast track -
With or without a god?
Keep in Touch!
Lilyas has dedicated herself to making our community a brighter place with her vibrant artwork and infectious enthusiasm for interacting with others in our community. It has certainly paid off, as many deviants flock to her page on a daily basis to let her know how much of an inspiration she is. We absolutely agree, and couldn't let all that hard work go without recognition, so it's with great pride that we bestow the Deviousness Award for March 2014, to ... Read More